Friday 7 May 2010

THE GREEN PARTY'S FIRST MP ELECTED

Caroline Lucas has been elected in the Brighton Pavilion constituency, becoming the first Green Party MP.

This major breakthrough was the primary objective of the Green Party in the general election. 

It's a history-making achievement.
The 0.20 million voters throughout the country who voted Green will have a powerful voice in parliament.
I will report on this blog on the work of Caroline Lucas in the coming weeks.

The Mid Bedfordshire result had no surprises - Mid Beds has returned a Conservative for the past 65 years.
My own vote was 773, representing 1.41% of the total vote.

My thanks to all voters who supported me and voted for the Green Party.
Thank you for placing your confidence in me and the Green Party. 
Your vote is very important in support of the Green Party policies that Caroline Lucas will be pursuing in parliament.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome